Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nematodes in Tomatoes

Posted by JOHNAW z5 OHIO (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 14:08

How do you elemate Nematodes in Tomatoes and other plants?

How do get them?

Once you have Nematodes in your tomatoes will you have them every years?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nematodes in Tomatoes

How do you elemate Nematodes in Tomatoes and other plants?
How do get them?

Once you have Nematodes in your tomatoes will you have them every years?

John,

As I mentioned in the main TOmato Forum the most destructive nematodes are known as Southern Root Knot Nematodes and they only are a problem where soils do not freeze, which would be NOT be true in your zone 5 in Ohio.

I'd be happy to answer the other questions, but am hesitating to do so since RKN's aren't a problem where you live and garden.

What makes you think they might be, for I'm curious.

Yes, there are what's called Northern Root Knot Nematodes but they are so seldom known as a problem in the north as to be almost a non issue.

Carolyn

o
RE: Nematodes in Tomatoes

• Posted by farkee 10 B South Fl. (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 15:19

This brochure is from Ohio State. I am curious, like Carolyn, what makes you think you have root knot or any other kind of nematode? Farkee

Here is a link that might be useful: Nematode Information

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here