Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djbaker77

Greenhorn suspects virus - please help confirm

djbaker77
11 years ago

First off, many thanks to all contributors to this website. I'm fairly new to gardening and have learned a wealth of information from visiting these boards. Secondly, a little background: Zone 5b in Cheyenne, WY, these plants were started from seed, hardened off, then transplanted to my raised beds. Watering schedule is typically every other or every third day. I have fertilzed every 10 to 14 days with a MG tomato specific fertilizer. Early in the season I suspected injury due to pesticidal drift to all my tomatoes, peppers, pole beans, and peas (brittle leaves and extensive deformation of new growth i.e. curl, leathery texture, etc.) The picture is of a silvery fir tree, so the leaves are fern-like to begin with. Other plants include Prairie Fire, and Zaryanka Sunrise, which are showing similar symptoms, primarily mottled brown spots on the green fruit as well as darkening of the top most leaves. So what is the likelyhood I am dealing with a virus here, and if so, what should I do? Everything I have read on virus infections indicates I should remove the plant and dispose of immediatly. Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County