Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Early Girl Tomato - Stunted Fruit Growth

Posted by mmarrs none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 15:58

Hello,

I have an Early Girl tomato plant that had been growing well and producing fruit until about 4 weeks ago. The plant had/has some curled leaves, but the new growth leaves on the top look fine.
The main concern right now is around the fruit of the plant. What is happening is the tomatoes that are growing are not ganing any size, but instead are staying very small, and sometimes ripening this way. The green tomatoes on the plant seem to have been the same size (golf ball) for several weeks now and do not seem to be growing.

Does anyone know what may be wrong? I was thinking Root Knots, but I am not sure. I am wondering if there is anything I can do with this plant.

I have a Cherry tomato and Goliath tomato planted on the sides of this plant (good distance) and they seem to be fine.

Let me know your thoughts!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early Girl Tomato - Stunted Fruit Growth

Need images, please.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here