Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
racheljoy_gw

Wilting tomato help - photos posted

racheljoy
16 years ago

I am a somewhat inexperienced tomato grower, and have 10 plants in a raised bed - 5 sweet 100 (or 1000 or million - one of those) and 5 Early Girl. They've been growing well, looking great, flowering, and some small fruits.

About a week ago, 2 of the Early Girls suddenly looked wilted. Then a few days later a 3rd wilted, and now a 4th. I've looked at descriptions of some of the wilting diseases, but it's very hard for me to figure out what the problem is . . . although it sounds like the solution is probably just to pull all the sick plants out.

Most of the plants are still green, with a few yellowing/browning leaves. It may be relevant that we've had a lot of rain recently, and each new wilting seems to have taken place the day after a heavy rainstorm (in fact, I've barely watered at all due to lots of rain). They've had a light shot of Miracle Grow a few times over the season. Is there any other relevent info I need to give?

If anyone can tell anything from the photos (that I will attempt to post) I would very much appreciate it. (Can't figure out how to post more than one photo, so there is a link to an album with a few more pictures)

-Rachel

Here is a link that might be useful: more photos of sick tomatoes