Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This cant be good: Pics

Posted by ssj4 z7 MD (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 16:35

something is affecting my tomato, If I were to guess I would say some sort of virus (to me it looks similar to a mathematic equation, perhaps a fractal). Anyway here are the pics.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This cant be good: Pics

my guess would be stink bugs. I'm seeing a lot of them around my tomatoes and while I don't have many red one's yet, the green ones look mottled like that.

Okay to eat.

Christine

o

Agree with Christine.

The area under the yellow spots should have dead white tissue since the stinkbugs inject a toxin that kills cells.

If you want to see more pictures go to Google, select IMAGES and enter Cloudy Spot, which is the proper name for this condition, or stinkbug bites if that doesn't work.

Carolyn

o

• Posted by farkee 10 B South Fl. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 19:23

Scroll down until you come across stinkbugs. They have a picture of the damage.

Here is a link that might be useful: Insects on Tomatoes/Stinkbugs

o

• Posted by ssj4 z7 MD (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 19:39

Well I'll be....after you guys/gals advice I looked my plant over very carefully, and there he was. Mr. Stinkbug.

He wanted to pose for a photograph, but his agent decided he was running late for his engagement in pandaemonium.....squishy.

-thanks yet again.

o

Sorry about your Tomatoes, Amen!!

I read the information that farkee put up, at Kentucky University.
That Stinkbug don;t look very nice. I hope I don:t find one of them on my Tomatoes plants, Amen!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here