Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help ID tomato problem

Posted by tcosgriff none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 17:29

Hi,

Does anyone know what is wrong with this tomato? I'm currently treating my broccoli and brussel sprouts for cabbage worms. The tomato plants look healthy otherwise. Nothing is eating the leaves; they aren't curled, yellowing, or have spots, but a number of my tomatoes look like this. I've tried to ID it myself but none of my research turns up anything that looks quite like this. I have 20 tomato plants that are all pretty large and I'm wondering if I can save them. Any help identifying what this is would be much appreciate!

Thanks - Tara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help ID tomato problem

I am by no means an expert, but it looks like it could possibly be catfacing. If you do a search of this thread you are bound to find out more information. From a Colorado State Extension website catfacing is "a term that describes tomato fruit that is misshapen, with scars and holes in the blossom end. The cause is thought to be cold weather during blossoming and perhaps high levels of nitrogen. To manage it, avoid setting out transplants too early in the season." Hope that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here