Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
griley_gw

leaf tip burn?

griley
18 years ago

I have way too much time on my hands. It's amazing what you can find when you stare at your tomato plants for long periods of time...

I've noticed some darkening on the edges of some of the leaves on all of my tomato plants. It looks like someone has taken a pencil and outlined the edges of the leaf...not really black but definitely not brown.

It has been really hot and dry here (no rain in a month) and I water every 3-4 days. I don't think I'm over watering and they've shown no signs of underwatering i.e.wilting. No BER on any of the fruits (the few that I do have). I did have a couple of spots on two tomatoes from the same plant (same cluster, in fact) that I removed. When I cut them open it showed that the discoloration went through the tomato and there were 1 or 2 blackened seeds in the location of the spot. The only other unusual thing I've noticed is a tan lesion on the stem of one of the plants. It does not have concentric rings and it is not elongated. None of these symptoms look like anything in the tomato problem solver.

I'm on vacation from work this week but I promise I will not look for any more trouble with these plants. Thanks to anyone who reads this for your patience:)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus