Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jcpyburn

eggs sacs on underside of tomato leaves, help!!

jcpyburn
18 years ago

Hi, everyone,

I am having an awful time with my tomatoes this year. I am only a second year tomato grower and I am growing in containers. I have been having problems with the leaves on my tomatoes dying. They start turning yellow and then brown and then die and fall off. I don't see any spots or anything but I don't really know what I am looking for, and I can't find any pests on the plants. The stems will eventually die and fall off. This is progressing from the bottom of the plant upwards. I thought that maybe it was spider mites but I haven't seen any webs or anything like that. Can anyone help? I also found this leaf with what I believe are egg sacs on it? Can anyone tell me what these are? The pic is very enlarged, the leaf is about half an inch wide so the eggs are slightly smaller than the head of a pin. The plants are still growing and blossoming. My cherry tomatoes are fruiting and my romas are a small amount but nothing from my pruden's purple or super beefsteak. Any help would be appreciated to let me know what I am dealing with, or even if I have one or more than one problem! Thanks

Carly

{{gwi:1300077}}
{{gwi:1300078}}

Comments (3)