Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's wrong with my maters?

Posted by purpldoll6x 9 - 10a (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 19:31

I seem to be struggling with my tomatoes this whole season. These are tycoon tomatoes growing in 5 gal. buckets. They started out beautifully early in the season but are now quite pitiful. I have a big spider mite problem that started about a month ago. I use Bonide 3 in 1 and soap spray which doesn't seem to be doing much good these days. My plants have lots of yellow and brown leaves and the stems seem quite woody as you can see in the pic. I took these tomatoes off the plant earlier this morning. I water daily and use Miracle Grow dissolved in the water about every 2 weeks. The weather here is quite hot, high around 98. I have moved them into a more shady area but don't think it's helping. The tomatoes I harvested today look "wrinkled" on the tops. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's wrong with my maters?

Please post images of the plants in their pots.

o

the tycoon plant, another view

o

another view

o

This is a san marzano

o

Look like they're drying out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here