Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little brown/black specks on my tomatoes!

Posted by salsa_connoisseur Missouri (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 11 at 20:25

I couldn't find anything relevant to what is on my tomatoes, but the best I can describe it as is little dark speckles on it. It looks like someone sprinkled black pepper on them or something, though the spots are part of the tomato, they won't rub or scrape off. (I gently used my thumbnail, nothing harmful)

Image: tomato.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little brown/black specks on my tomatoes!

How is it doing? spots bigger? More numerous? Or the same?

o

Thank you very much for your reply, I was feeling very helpless! The spots are exactly the same, no change. No new ones, no bigger, not darker.

o

I'm also not sure what the white on the leaves there would be, the only thing I could find was that it might be sun damage. It has been hot, but not a whole lot of direct sun gets down there. There's some patches like that on the other side, but only in those two spots. Any clues? :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here