Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squeeze_gw

powdery mildew?

squeeze
18 years ago

something has found my greenhouse!! in this wierd year w/ extended cool, cloudy, damp spring and early summer, that about 4 days ago turned to bright sun and very warm [not real hot] w/ unusually high humidity

{{gwi:1300319}} still cloudy weather

{{gwi:1300321}} - notice slight chlorotic mottling started [ignore sowbug damage of leaf on ground] - 2nd day of full sun

{{gwi:1300323}}

{{gwi:1300325}} - the grayish areas are a light covering directly under the yellowing, tho not under all the yellow, and it can be rubbed off easily, like a fine mold - this appeared and progressed, quite suddenly - may have been a small amount of it at the bottoms of the plants 10 days ago, but I expect lower leaf yellowing this time of year so didn't examine it

is this powdery mildew? can't find anything else that seems close - will sulfer get rid of it? it's on most of the plants [except sweet 100], but the worst affected plants [2] have it pretty much all over, and have started wilting today - is there a cure? can I strip the leaves and still ripen the good set of toms?

any opinions welcome!

Bill

Comment (1)