Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
markdpelhamny

Curled leaves - mosaic virus on my BWines/Mortgage Lifters?

markdpelhamny
15 years ago

This is the second year of growing tomatoes and the second year that I've curled leaves with exaggerated green "veins" and yellow splotching. As you can see from the pictures, they are still producing fruits well and they continue to grow up top fairly well in general. In the next bed I have cherry tomatoes which are not affected (this was again true last year).

This year the tomatoes were propagated from seed and grown in newly created "Mel's Mix", so I find it hard to believe that the disease persisted in the soil, but I suppose it's possible. Thoughts?

I have very little space so rotating crops is rather difficult - this is pretty much the only place I can grow the tomatoes. If someone can help me ID this problem I'll at least be able to buy cultivars that are resistant to whatever it is that plagues me. I'm very careful to not wet the leaves in general and try to avoid touching them, but the sqft gardening approach involves suckering the plants down to one vine so obviously there's some touching involved. Is there some other cultivation trick I'm missing?

Thanks for you help!