Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Blight in Roma Plants

Posted by tishky z6 ky (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 14, 06 at 21:29

I have been growing tomatoes for 3 years now and I am an amatuer. My first year they grew great, 2nd ok and this year is off to a horrible start. I am in Louisville, KY and there has been tons of rain here. The Roma plants are the plants that I believe have blight. I was not sure of blight or just too much rain.
The problem started at the base of the plant and overnight the leaves seem to start turning yellow. One of my roma plants seem to stop growing.
Can anyone look at the pics and suggest on the type of problem and if there is a solution or is my salsa making days over this summer.
I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Image link: Is this Blight in Roma Plants (37 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Blight in Roma Plants

Hard to tell from that photo. Got something closer up? In the meantime check Tomato Problem Solver.

o

Can you look at the next post right after this message and there is a better pic. I could not figure out how to do multiple pictures, so I accidently posted 2 messages. The next picture is much better. Plus it is hard when you have to reduce your file size.
Any help would be appreciated.

o

I'm sorry but I can't tell anything from the picture b'c there isn't anough detail and I can't find the other thread you're talking about either altho I didn't spend a lot of time doinbg so.

Blight is a general word and does not refer to any specific disease so it would be good to determine if you're dealing with a foliage or systemic infection/

Please describe in detail what you see as to spots on the leaves, any wilting and everything else.

Carolyn

o

My tomatoes called "La Roma" on the tag, are all growing with a flat, rotten looking base of the pear shape. Otherwise they look fine. It seems to start when they are small and green and continues until they are ripe. If kind of heals and the rest of the tomato seems ok but stunted maybe. What is causing this?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here