Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big Boy Tomato Plants: Questions

Posted by jenag (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 21:47

It is my first time growing tomatoes.
I have a 2 1/2' by 1' rectangular container with a Big Boy tomato plant and a cherry tomato plant in it. The bottem has an area that water is stored so it will not dry out no matter the temp. I live in town but put it in an area that gets plenty of sun.
The cherry tomato plant is growing great and producing lots of fruit (less my squirrel problem) but my Big Boy plant is yellowing at the bottem. It has two tomatoes growing from the tallest branches. Should I let it keep growing upwards or start cutting the top off? It is getting quite tall and I am afraid it wont be able to hold such big tomatoes.
I am also wondering why it is yellow at the bottem and some leaves are wilted in the middle of the plant. The tomatoes growing on it look healthy and strong. If this is a disease, will it eventually effect my healthy cherry tomato plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here