Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle9493

Tomato problem

Michelle9493
18 years ago

The only way I can think of the describe is they look like little fangs coming from the bottom of my plants (stems). Any ideas and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics at this time.

Comments (7)

• jean001
    18 years ago

Perhaps root initials?

• Michelle9493
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you for responding. Do you know of any online sources that shows what that looks like? I don't know how to recognize it. Also, how do I treat it? Again, Thank you.

Michelle

• carolyn137
    18 years ago

Another way of saying what Jean told you is to say that what you're seeing are also called root primordia.

If those whitish hairy areas on the stem were in contact with soil, roots would go out into the soil.

Perfectly normal, nothing wrong and no treatment necessary.

Carolyn

• Michelle9493
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank You soooo much, Whew, I was so worried. Thank you for easing my mind. I took your advice and did a Google Search. I was online for hours last night searching everywhere but wasn't sure what I should've been searching for until you cleared it up for me.

Michelle

• MrsJustice
    18 years ago

Posted by: Carolyn137 z4/5 NY (My Page) on Fri, Jul 8, 05 at 12:32

Another way of saying what Jean told you is to say that what you're seeing are also called root primordia.
    If those whitish hairy areas on the stem were in contact with soil, roots would go out into the soil.

Perfectly normal, nothing wrong and no treatment necessary.

Carolyn

My Reply: Hello everyone:
    My name is MrsJustice a very new member. I have been learning from everyone to grow the best tomatoes. There is so much information to learn about tomatoes. It will taken years to learn as much knowledge as you-all have.

Mrs. Carolyn you seem to have all the information about every aspect of tomatoes growing.

So I have a question about soapy water to kill buys?

I read somewhere, that using soapy water is a natural way of killing buys that grow on tomatoes Plants.

I used soapy water yesterday, and my plants seems to yellowed a little bit.

I started to wash the soapy water off, but it started to rain a little bit, so I made a decision to let the rain clean of the soapy water around 3:00 p.m., but it did not rain completely until around 3:00 a.m..

I worked so hard on my Big beet tomatoes Plants, and transplanting my 200 + cherry tomatoes plants in my big garden.

I have over 100 canning jars all ready for canning the Tomatoes.

Will my tomatoes plants die, because the leafs look a little yellow today??

• nanelle_gw (usda 9/Sunset 14)
    18 years ago

MrsJustice I think this is a good question as I have had leaf damage from spraying as well, but you will probably get better results from starting a new "thread" with a fairly specific "subject of posting". Posting a picture, and saying so in the subject seems to help, too.

• MrsJustice
    18 years ago

Thank you Nanelle

I have to learn how to start a thread and learn how to up-load a picture.

It just takes me a little extra time to learn this information. I will study the instrution on how to post a Question, Amen!!!

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living