Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow then brown leaves bumps on stem - PHOTOS

Posted by jerremie Denver CO (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 22:34

Most of my tomato plants are looking good this year. However, as of a week and a half ago one plant in the center started looking wilty. Since then, it has completely self-destructed. Leaves started getting yellow spotting which quickly turned to brownish black. I pulled it out of the ground this evening as I noticed some yellow and brownish speckling on some leaves of an adjacent plant. I immediately noticed bumps all over the stem of the pulled plant in addition to the leaf damage and discoloration. There was also one small insect on it which can be seen next to the stem bumps.

The plants look otherwise very sturdy and healthy, at about 3 feet tall with numerous blooms but no fruit setting. Any help identifying the problem is greatly appreciated! If it is a disease vector spreading this, I'd like to get on top of it before the other eight plants die.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow then brown leaves bumps on stem - PHOTOS

Stem bumps aren't a problem. (root initials) Black stuff may be. Show us more please.

o

Some leaves at the base of the next plant over look like this now.

o

The flowers also turned brown today and some of the upper leaves have turned speckled tan and darker brown. Here's another photo if it helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here