Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Curly Leaf Virus - Tomatoes and Green beans

Posted by lizzygracepond 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 22:59

So Sad, can someone confirm if this is the Curly Leaf Virus. My squash are doing well, but the beans look bad, and the Tomatoes are all now curling on top. Just waiting for the to cave. Let me know what you think and if it could be anything else. I also have NOT done any roundup, so, not a roundup problem.

Thanks,

Lizzy G

From Curly Top

From Curly Top

From Curly Top

From Curly Top

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Curly Leaf Virus - Tomatoes and Green beans

Well, took my plants to the extention office, and they said it was not curly leaf virus, but was a herbiside.They stated since we have not gotten a lot of rain, any of my neighbors could have sprayed, and affected my plant. They stated that the curly leaf virus would have been much more curled, and distorted. Case closed, hope they last. LG

o

Did you add manures, composted or not, commercial source or not?

If so, read the info on this site, including how to do a bio-assay.
http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/soilmgmt/Clopyralid.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: read this

o

Hi Jean, Nope, didn't add any compost, manures, or commercial soruces, ahh, besides a few plants that didn't come from seed. Must be drift from neighborhood. Thanks for the link. LG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here