Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need your tomato expertise

Posted by AlineD none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 23:25

OK, so I planted 26 tomato plants this year, five varieties. 24 of the plants are doing great, but there are two, a roma and a grape tomato plant, that have something weird going on. I haven't figured out how to/if I can post photos here, but the roma is stunted and the leaves are curled. It seems fine otherwise. It is planted in the middle of a row of romas, which are otherwise doing well. The grape tomato plant is on the end, and it started out fine, but the new growth is lighter green, stunted, and curled, and covered in brown spots. What the heck is going on? Any insight is much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need your tomato expertise

Photo showing the stunted roma amongst the healthy ones.

o

Here is the grape tomato. You can see the healthy growth at the bottom, with lighter green, browning leaves on top.

o

A closer image.

o

Helllloooooo, anybody out there?

o

Update: The roma continues to curl up. The little green tomatoes are turning white. While the rest have grown considerably, the roma has not grown at all.

The grape tomato plant is still brown on top, with some leaf curl at the bottom. I've been giving it extra water, in case it was just parched from a dead spot in my watering system, but that doesn't seem to have helped much. I pruned back much of the brown top, but it's not growing much.

Any ideas still appreciated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here