Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is wrong with my tomatoes ?

Posted by smokymist 7 East TN (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 08 at 23:51

This is my first, 'real' vegetable garden. After years of being an obsessive flower gardener, and 'piddling' around with vegies, this is THE year. For the most part it's been great. I planted three rows of various tomatoes, from the local Grainger County Yellow tomato, to a Japanese double black variety ( without looking at the tag, I'm guessing at that, but it's close lol)
Well...I know this has to be a common problem, but I need to identify it and get rid of it. It's causing me to pick some tomatoes before they are finished growing . My mother says it's a worm, I say it's a disease. Either way we've got to get it gone. We've dusted with Seven dust, but it isn't helping. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks !

Image link: What is wrong with my tomatoes ? (36 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is wrong with my tomatoes ?

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 22, 08 at 1:11

It's neither!

Some tomatoes crack like that, others don't. Perhaps a search of this forum would turn up a post or two by Carolyn with info about tomatoes and the sort of cracks they get.

o
RE: What is wrong with my tomatoes ?

I have read inconsistant watering causes tomatoes to split.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here