Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ramrod48

egg castings ?

Ramrod48
18 years ago

Hello , As I see everyone seems to have similar problems , My Sons plants were a tad over 6 ft tall loaded with blooms , an 4-7 fruits about the size of golf balls , when in about a 7 day period they all wilted an died, first the lower leaves turned yellow , which was nothing new I had seen this before , wasnt to worried , the next day 1 plant was completed wilted , well its been hotter then the dickens here in Florida these past few weeks. Then the following day they all looked that way , I pulled up several of the plants ,An looking at the roots they appered good , till I started breaking up the root ball , I found these small white globes, if you crushed them in your fingers they had a fluid in them , I noticed some where pure white , some yellow ?? on the next plant I pulled up same thing ,Then I started finding these globes that were semi transparent , with a small black dot floating in it, I assume they are eggs ? from what I donot know they are a little smaller dia.then a small pea. ,, on the plants that still had green stalks , I took my pocket knife an split them long ways, I found nothing in the stalks, they were hollow exect for around the sides they had these small channels running the length of the stalk an they were fibours. I guess thats what carries the water an such to the plant ? , on the stalks that were brown I found nothing , I was hoping to find some kinda bug of sorts ,, Does any one have any Idea what these "castings " might have been , is this what killed the plants ? , we have grown Tomatoe's for quite a few yrs. an never had this happen , Iam stumped, Thanks for the help .

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County