Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P.Brandywine bumpy soft ,green curling leaves

Posted by sproutling 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 8, 09 at 5:00

Firstly, I'm a raw newbie. Please forgive any faux pas. I have 3 plants of different varieties, heirlooms, and Hybrids. All 3 plants are in large pots. Pots are closely adjacent, up against a wall in the only sunny spot I have,others still OK. Everybody was doing fine until the top, new leaves on Pink Brandywine started curling up. Still growing fast, still bright spinach green, but getting more weird bumpy curling each day. After a week, the curl started migrating down the stalk, affecting lower, healthy, previously well-established leaves. I wondered if it was a deficiecy, bug, disease, or what. Mutant plant, still going strong. I took several pics. But it took me so long to succesfully get an account here, the whole plant is now affected. Any guesses? I have a guess, but don't want to affect the consensus.

Image link: P.Brandywine bumpy soft ,green curling leaves (60 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P.Brandywine bumpy soft ,green curling leaves

Hi there.

I'm reviving a 2009 post here simply because the description and image are identical two what I am experiencing with my Brandywines (also pink) which all suffer of the leaves symptoms described (and shown in the image,,,) above. I have about 25 tomato plants that are fine, all except the Brandywines (seems like all but one Brandywine plant are infected... They are still young though, about 1' tall... I know, I started very late...)

Any help?

Thanks. Ilan.

o
RE: P.Brandywine bumpy soft ,green curling leaves

I hope you guys get an answer soon. I have similar experience with Brandywines. Leaf curling. None of my Purple Cherokee or Celebrity are affected even though they are adjacent. I have sworn to plant nothing but Purple Ch and Celebrities only next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here