Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this disease?

Posted by blynn123 MA (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 9:23

Our tomato plants are infected with this disease. They have produced a ton of tomatoes but the foliage is dying now. I don't think it is late blight, but I can't figure out what it could be and even more importantly how to prevent it next year!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this disease?

You're correct. Not late blight.

Please post a picture of the entire plant.
Is it in pot or ground?
Fertilizer?

o

Here is a photo of the plant but I just cleared out a bunch of dead leaves. It is hard to see the spots in the photo, but they are there at the top. I can put up a different photo if needed. (Dried up and crispy) It seems to be affecting all of our tomato plants. This one is in the ground, but I noticed it starting on some that are in pots. We used compost tea and sea kelp fertilizer in the beds. Since it is a raised bed we mixed in compost throughout the season. No other fertilizer.

Thanks for your help!

o

Here is another photo

o

One more photo. It's dark now but I'll post a pic of the potted plant tomorrow.

Thanks!

o

A couple questions: are these plants in pots or raised beds? or both?
How do you water? sprinkler? Hose? Do the leaves get wet often?

Also, what is the nutrient analysis of your kelp fertilizer?

But, you may have Bacterial Speck. You could try a copper-based spray, or a product called Serenade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here