Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
attml

Blossom Set?

attml
13 years ago

Greetings! My name is Mark and I am a new member from the Annapolis, Maryland area. I currently have 8 plants this year (Brandywine, Celebrity, (2)Big Beef, Beefmaster, (2)Big Boy and a Whopper). Five plants are in large pots and 3 in the ground despite the fact that I got a late start (in mid June). All of my plants are growing big and healthy and they are producing fruit except the (Chef Jeff)Brandywine. I have been doing a lot of reading online and it sounds like this is pretty common for newbies like myself. I keep getting blossoms on the Brandywine but most have fallen off. I water regularly and have a layer of grass clippings on top of the pot so it helps to retain the moisture. There are two blossoms on the Brandywine that haven't dropped and they have spread open like they are going to produce a tomato and on one I can see what looks like the smallest tomato inside but it seems like it hasn't grown for two weeks? I am hoping nature will kick in and I will see some growth and an actual tomato. My real question is what are some of the resident experts thoughts on products like Blossum Set? Would it be benificial to try on my Brandywine? I have begun shaking the plants based on advice seen here. Hopefully that will help some too?

For what it is worth, I am hooked on tomato growing and plan on growing my plants from seeds next year and starting (planting)in late April. A raised garden bed plan is already in the works. I think I will try one of the less difficult varieties of Brandywine next year like possibly the OTV or would love to try some of Camo's Cowlick's if I can find the seeds?

Thanks, Mark

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living