Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Tomato plants were thriving, now yellowing and dying!

Posted by ashleymariethom none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 9:47

Hi Guys!

I only received a single response from my last post on this subject, and unfortunately it missed the mark. My tomato plants were doing fantastic, lush and green for weeks on end... then all of a sudden the leaves turned splotchy, curled, and died, and then the stalks started sliding right down off of their stakes! Now, this plant seems to be still producing fruit from the surviving couple of stalks- but it's in terrible shape.

Now my other tomato plant is doing the same thing and it was planted with different soil on the opposite side of the balcony. Plants never get dried out, always watered.

Any ideas?! Heeeelp! We'd like to do this again next year, but need some insight!

Thanks guys!

Ashley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Tomato plants were thriving, now yellowing and dying!

need to see a picture of entire plant & pot.

To start the discussion --
-spindly/weak plants
-too little light, even though against the window
-likely pots too small
- using any fertilizer?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here