Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
planter size

Posted by Ramrod48 9 - FLA. (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 05 at 11:14

hey folks : how's them green thumbs going . After something polised of my MATERS this summer , Iam kinda dishearted, but thanks goodness fall is coming a hopefull a bit cooler weather( MAN ITS HOT ), Ok I know this is suppose to be about ill maters, But I was hoping ya'll could tell me the best size pot to grow Maters on the porch would be ??, I was looking at the size of a 1 gallon milk jug, Would that be enough to grow a Normal Mater in or do I need bigger ?? , Also I was at the Walmart , An they had Mater seeds in this lil red egg , said " guaranteed " to grow . Any of ya'll ever tried them ??? , well I gotta get , Ya'll take care check back in a bit an see whats the verdict, Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: planter size

• Posted by suze9 z8a TX (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 22, 05 at 18:29

But I was hoping ya'll could tell me the best size pot to grow Maters on the porch would be ??, I was looking at the size of a 1 gallon milk jug, Would that be enough to grow a Normal Mater in or do I need bigger ??

Much bigger -- 5 gallon bucket minimum. 10-15 gal would be better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here