Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
westchestergrower

Not happy with myself...

WestchesterGrower
18 years ago

Usually every season we get 12 tomatoe plants (2 six packs) of better boys. I don't eat them, but my parents love them and we always have plenty away to give to neighbors.

Anyways, this year my nursary had fairly big 1 footers and since I helped the owner out at Christmas time with the trees, he gave me 6 for free. My dad always stressed to me, that it didn't matter how little the 6 pack tomatoes were- The smaller they were the easier transition+ bury them deep he tells me. But I still happily planted the big ones along with the little ones. Anyways, at this point in time, the 6 big ones have the most severe case of powdery mildew (Not white powder kind), while the little ones (which have caught up with the big ones in size) are starting to get it. Daconil has not helped, and I guess I am just mad at myself. I don't know if those plants had them when I brought them or what. They are all stunted for some reason as well.

The point of this is: Is it worth it to try my own seedlings for now on, or will I encounter these diseases no matter what? I am just really sad right now about this.

Thanks

Comments (2)