Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Copper-colored eggs

Posted by anney Georgia 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 4, 06 at 14:35

What could be laying small copper-colored eggs on the underside of my tomato leaves? Each egg is somewhat separated from the other. The only pest I've had on the tomatoes has been an occasional hornworm.

I should qualify the color -- they're a metallic copper color when the sun shines on them but are a dull brown in normal light.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Copper-colored eggs

I also have this problem. It is squash bug eggs. They are on the underside of leaves wich have high water content. They are similar to leaf footed bug and the cotton strainer.Cut off the leafs with these eggs on them and throw them in the garbage or fire (away from the garden) They are bad bugs. They suck the juice out of the tomates and leave them bitter. I have tried soap and oil sprays and found them to be non effective. I have been using sevin dust and reappying after it rains. You have to really cover the plants with it though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here