Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Was this sun scald?

Posted by rubylune z5b wMI (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 22, 06 at 15:21

I had these black spots on a ton of my tomatoes - was this caused by too much sun exposure or something else?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Was this sun scald?

It might be anthracnose.

What do the leaves and stems of the plants look like? Are there dark spots and blotches on them too? Have the plants lost a lot of foliage?

Here are some pics of tomato anthracnose:

Here is a link that might be useful: Anthracnose

o
RE: Was this sun scald?

Oh no!!! Yes - a few varities have lost a lot of their leaves. I got advice here earlier and it was suspected that it was Septoria leaf spot.

Now what do i do? I know it's too late for this season, but how can i prevent it for next season?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here