Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
megt22

Tomato leaves mottled yellow and brown

megt22
12 years ago

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie gardener. Growing vegtables in a green house in the high desert in central oregon. I have 3 tomato plants: an heirloom slicer called 'Pineapple', Red-Yellow Streaked; an extra large heirloom slicer called 'Brandywine'; and a cherry tomato called 'Sweet Million'. All of them are indeterminate.

The Sweet Million is doing great. The Brandywine is growing well, setting fruit, but the fruit are all cracking and the leaves are mottled with yellow and brown (see picture). This is only on the lower leaves.

The Pineapple is also growing well and setting fruit, which are also cracking. It too shows a less severe form of the yellow and brown mottling on the lower leaves, and the leaves are also very curled (curling upwards).

Other info: it's been getting really hot in the green house like 90-100. This being my first year with the green house I haven't figured out how to keep it cool. I'm using the Mittleider gardening method which uses sawdust and sand for the soil with weekly applications of nutrients and daily watering for 30 seconds a day.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Meagan

Image link:

Comment (1)