Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick with what?

Posted by colokid Z5/Co (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 23, 09 at 16:27

Think it is the same thing as every year.
will try to post pictures.
Acts like descriptions of verticillium wilt, but is in/on all variety, hybred and OP.Early blight? Leaves are a little more brown than they show in pictures.
KennyP

t.com/albums/kk65/coken_2008/?action=view¤t=plant.jpg" target="_blank">Sick plant
and
sick leaf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick with what?

It is late blight time. Looks like the early stage of LB.

o

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 23, 09 at 20:49

Doesn't look like late blight to me. (But if the plants collapse in several days, we'll know it is.)

That said, doesn't look like verticillium either.

Some leaf edge browning. Perhaps short of water?

Are they in pots or the ground?

o

They are on ground, same spot every year cause I have no other. Can't believe late blight or they would be dead-dead, by nows. I think, THINK, that it is the same thing that kills my plants every year just as they start producing good. I have about 15 varieties, both hybred and OP and it seems to affect (effect) them all the same. Water is 2 drippers a foot apart, one on each side of plant. Right now they are getting a gal a day each. Had lots of rain earlier.
KennyP

o

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 23:29

One gallon a day isn't much for a full size tomato plant.

Try running them for a longer time and /or supplementing with hand-watering or an extra dripper per plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here