Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tomatoes rotting on vine

Posted by Joeban CT (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 9:11

my tomatoes are rotting on the vine, it's weird how some are healthy yet ones right next to them are brown and almost look burnt. If this is a disease then why isn't it affect all the tomatoes in the cluster? It doesn't seem to be blossom end rot because it starts from the top down. is this some type of mineral deficiency? How can I prevent this from happening next year?

http://i.imgur.com/fTPl2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tomatoes rotting on vine

I'd bet on late blight. Probably changed environment such as different temperature aborted the infection on the leaves.

That said, pick those bad tomatoes & put them in the garbage. Today!

o
RE: tomatoes rotting on vine

NEARLY ALL PLANT DISEASES CAN BE AVOIDED IF SOIL IS CLOSE TO BEING RIGHT....COMPOST, MINERALS LIKE ROCK DUST, ORGANIC FERTILIZER AND GOOD WATERING PRACTICE...SOIL NEEDS TO BE ALIVE AND FULL OF MICROBES AND ENZYMES ETC...AND THE RIGHT TEXTURE SO SOIL CAN BREATHE....PREVENTION IS BEST WAY....ORGANIC SPRAYING IS ONE WAY TO MAKE SURE THAT PLANTS RECEIVE WHAT THEY NEED....ROY

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here