Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this tomato plant?

Posted by Khardy07 FL (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 2, 14 at 12:24

I'm new at this and suspecting I did something really wrong. At first this was only affecting some of my plants but now it is affecting all of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this tomato plant?

That is a really extreme leaf miner infestation.

This is the wrong time of year in most of FL for tomato plants anyway. Most of us pull them up when they're done in May or June and are just starting new plants now.

When you just have a few leaf miners you can deal with them by removing the infected leaves. I'd pull your plants and start over, assuming you aren't up in Jax or the panhandle. If you're that far north, plan on the spring for starting again.

o

Whereabouts in FL are you?

o

Thanks a bunch! I'm in West Melbourne. I'll get some new ones started right away.

o

Depending on your micro climate you may be pushing it a bit, but with luck you should be okay unless we have an early freeze. Here's a link to the excellent guide to FL vegetable gardening put out by the U of F, which tells you what to plant when in the different parts of the state:

Here is a link that might be useful: IFAS planting guide

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here