Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato rotting from top??

Posted by tanya47 Coastal 24 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 24, 10 at 13:19

Tomatoes in raised beds, every year getting worse, I do legumes in the winter, fava, peas etc. And I really have no choice re rotating crops, as this is the only space I have. After this year, thinking giving up on tomatoes, but there are people in my area who have GREAT backyard tomatoes using the same space repeatedy EERR.
Anyways this year I kept the powdery mildew in control using the Cornell spray formula. I experimented using the serenade fungus spray, on three plants , and those were the ones that gave up the ghost first!
Symptoms are, good beginning growth, til about 24 inches tall, then wham, very little grow, slow set, and die off of leaves and flower sprays. The few tomatoes that set and grew to normal size are hit with rot from the stem end just before ripening.
It has been a cold and foggy summer here this year, so
we did try oregon spring, SF fog etc. They did no fruit at all. The best growers were the zebras, a few brandywines, chocoate cherries, and lemon salad size.
What disease causes that type of fruit rot? I can post pics, but I bet someone here knows without even seeing more phtos of sad tomato plants,

thanks for any advice!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato rotting from top??

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 24, 10 at 17:28

Please post the pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here