Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Septoria leaf spot? Are my beds doomed?

Posted by grean CT (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 13:51

I think I have identified my tomato plants with septoria leaf spot. Plants look pretty bad by now, lots of dead stuff hanging (I was away and then negilgent:( but each time I go out to pull them there are lots more healthy red tomatoes. Should I be pulling them out or keep as long as I am getting fruits? I have sungolds, juliettes, geronimo and black cherry tomatoes. I have 4 raised beds and no way to rotate somewhere else next year. Will I need to replace all the soil? Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Septoria leaf spot? Are my beds doomed?

No, youdon't need to replace the soil.

See this info
http://www.ct.gov/caes/lib/caes/documents/publications/fact_sheets/plant_pathology_and_ecology/septoria_leaf_spot_of_tomato_06-30-08r.pdf

Here is a link that might be useful: septoria info from Connecticut

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here