Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty sure they're dead, Jim...

Posted by wolfemacleod WA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 15:30

That's right... I'm pretty sure they're dead.

Here in Seattle, the weather has taken a turn for the worse.
All turning black, shrivellign up.

One plant collapsed a week or so ago. I collected everything off of it that I could, hopign they would ripen inside. No go. Turnign brown and mushy.

Out of about 20 plants, we've gotten only a handful of small ripe tomatoes. ALL of my cherries split badly.
None of my Romas have ripened.
They're turning brown and mushy, and modly on the vine now... plants are turnign black, and shrivelling. Blight?
These have been goign since late March. Almost nothing ripened. Maybe three pounds worth.
A collossal waste of money here, if you ask me.

On the brigth side, my Cucumbers did OK. But, I was really looking forward to Cucumber-tomato salads...

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a few pics of the recent... deaths...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty sure they're dead, Jim...

• Posted by garf 10b/Fla. (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 14:55

You win some, you lose some. I have had rain for 2 months. Most everything is dead. I have to start over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here