Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow leaves and aphids in potted tomatoes

Posted by jbcamel 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 1, 13 at 12:04

I'm growing orange and red grape tomatoes in pots on my deck. Early on I noticed aphids. I asked my local nursery for an organic cure and they suggested Bonide. I bought some but it doesn't look organic to me. It did work for the aphids, but next year I definitely want to go organic. What should I try? Is there an organic spray?

Also, my plants have been plagues with yellow leaves all season. We did get lots of rain this summer so maybe that's the problem. I have been fertilizing with Miracle Gro. Should I use something else?

Finally, will there be aphid eggs in my dirt if I use it again next year? It was very expensive, organic mix and I'd like to reuse it. It will be out on my deck for the winter where it will get very cold. Sometimes into the single digits. Would this kill any aphid eggs?

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow leaves and aphids in potted tomatoes

Same thread w/ responses
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tomato/msg1010352217343.html?1

Here is a link that might be useful: same thread elsewhere w/ some responses

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here