Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
red/yellow mottled look on tomatoes?

Posted by dannic_az z7AZ (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 10, 05 at 19:32

I have a ton of tomatoes ripening right now, but rather than going from green to red they are mostly red with some yellow. This is my second harvest from the same plants, so I know they're not supposed to look that way. The mottled yellow look is mostly at the top of the maters. Any ideas? (2nd year growing tomatoes)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: red/yellow mottled look on tomatoes?

• Posted by suze9 z8a TX (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 10, 05 at 23:55

Could be either blotchy ripening/gray wall or what is commonly referred to as 'yellow shoulders'. I'm thinking it's probably yellow shoulders as you've indicated it's mostly at the tops of the fruits and you live in warm climate. Both conditions tend to be caused by environmental factors, i.e., there's not a specific disease process involved.

Here is a link that might be useful: yellow shoulders thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here