Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplant Wilt treatment question.

Posted by ConfusedTurkey none (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 11:30

I have a quite large cherry, in a greenhouse, that I recently transplanted because it looked like it could use more room. Well, after transplanting it started to wilt. At first, I wasn't too alarmed for I was used to this plant wilting during the day after transplants, and perking up at night. The problem is I can not really tell if it needs more water or is over watered. The wilting is starting to persist through the nights now and death seems to be on its way by looking at the leaves on the top of the plant. For good measure, today I brought the plant inside just to lessen the intensity of the sun and wind. Anyway, I guess my real question is what do guys suggest I do? and also is it okay to mist the leaves of a plant that may be over watered? Thanks guys. I feel pretty bad as this was the best plant I had in the garden. At least I'll learn from this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplant Wilt treatment question.

The plant lost the majority of its roots when you dug it up. If it's still alive, water as needed.

o
RE: Transplant Wilt treatment question.

is there any known method to combat bacterial wilt apart from grafting.i grow hydroponic tomatoes.very often i face this problem.please advise .thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here