Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any clue what this is?

Posted by everythingirl1 Central FL (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 19, 08 at 13:41

Hi, I planted several tomato plants for the first time using a Japanese Tomato Ring. The plants are over 5' high and have shown tremendous vigor. They are full of tomatoes (none ripe yet, though). The spot I planted them in has not had other tomato plantings before.

I have fought with bacterial blight early on and then lots of tomato fruitworms. BT-K helped with the fruitworms and I used copper for the blight.

Lately, what I thought was the blight early on seems to have returned. Older leaves are developing brown, necrotic(?) spots, the leaves dry up and the stem eventually turns yellow and falls off. What is this and what can I do at this point (plants are full of fruit and still blooming). Also, I try to go as pesticide/chemical free as possible so I am open to alternative methods.....

Here are pics:

http://photobucket.com/tomatoproblems

THANKS SO MUCH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any clue what this is?

everything,
I found the photos and immediately thought of tomato spotted wilt virus, because of your location in fl.
Knowing the variety might would help. Below is a link I've posted in the forum before as it defines by picture. I'm curious so if you do a followup I'm sure the community here would appreciate it.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/tomatoproblemsolver/index.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here