Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilikewinter

Dying stems, discoloration, etc on my Celebrity Tomato Plant

ilikewinter
16 years ago

I noticed a few weeks ago that one or two stems of leaves were being covered with these miniscule black dots and other stems were fading into yellow-- I thought it was perhaps because they were older, but it is now affecting even the young leaves and has become pretty widespread. The leaves are then dying. I have been trying to clip the stems to curb the spread of whatever is going on, but it doesn't seem to help. I tried to look up other similar problems people were having, but it doesn't seem to be the same (I read something about a granular type thing... where the black rubs off, but this doesn't).

This plant is adopted from someone else who had left it behind to die, and it was doing great for about two months, so I hate to see this happening. Just some info... it's in a planter box, is indoors (as it is getting cold here) and is placed by a window that gets great afternoon sun. I believe it is a celebrity tomato, but have lost the tag that was in the planter. I do fertilize it with tomato fertilizer (only have done it once in the time that I've had it- should be good for six months). Have checked for aphids, none seen.

I have more pictures if needed... I just am not sure how to post more than one picture on here at a time.

Thank you so very much!

Image link:

Comments (2)