Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Topiary in a container...what do you use?

Posted by Ronda_in_Carolina Upstate SC -7a (ronjonrj@aol.com) on
Wed, Jan 9, 02 at 0:59

I want to have a topiary that is about 4 feet tall on either side of my back door. I am patient and willing to take the time to create one...but I wonder what you would recommend. The area gets eastern sun. I live in zone 7.

TIA
Ronda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Topiary in a container...what do you use?

I live in zone 4. I have been given two topiary forms about 5 feet tall. I need to know, for outside on a deck with lots of sun, what ivy's or plants would be best. The finished topiaries would be quite tall, the planter pots quite large.

o

I call yew & box the Big 2. Both very popular plants as topiary. 3rd biggie is holly. I've also seen juniper and other common conifers. If you want flowers, marguerite daisy, lantana seem to work well as standards. Good luck!

o

I have seen the following plants such as;- Euonymus, Camella, Myrtle, Rosemary, Boxwood, Rose, Hemlock, and Yew being used. Hope a few of the suggested plants work out for your area.
Happy Growing!

Supannee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here