Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
creating rooted lavender cuttings?

Posted by mediadiva Zone 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 11:49

I am attempting to make some, any advice? I want to have the lavender as an INSIDE plant!

Here are pictures of my attempting to do it:
http://www.mediadiva.net/topiary_lavender

Is there a way to order rooted cuttings online??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: creating rooted lavender cuttings?

Hope you will be able to supplement with strong light if you want to grow lavender indoors.

I have had luck rooting tiny tip cuttings of very tender, new growth, only two leaves. There is probably no advantage in that over starting from seed, apart from cloning a plant whose habit is particularly pleasing.

o
RE: creating rooted lavender cuttings?

i want to take a cutting of a lavenderplant and try and grow it will it root and how do i root it. any ideas.???

o
just tuck stems in a pot! RE: creating rooted lavender cuttings?

I've had luck just pinching off a couple inches of Tips, and strip leaves from the lower portion, let dry just a bit, then tuck into sterile potting soil, set in bright shade. Don't overwater or put in a glass, or stems can rot.

I'm usually so busy I just tuck some of these into existing outside pots that get light watering often, and they often take root just fine, growing slowly at first, then they want to be planted in the ground sometime in the next year, (or a larger Pot) before they leap and take over the pot, if you started them on the fly in an already planted one.

People in the Portland, Oregon area can come get a bunch of cuttings from my lavender plants NOW to help shape them up!

I have Mustead cuttings that I just cut this morning. Such lovey soft foliage, I think everyone should have some. And like othetr lavender they take drought and neglect, as long as you trim them back in late summer or fall - to make more!

Rosemary & other shrubs too. So easy to do. Come get em!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here