Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathyoh_gw

fake topiarys

KathyOH
20 years ago

Anyone see the beautiful silk ball topiarys? I looked close and the ones I saw with a huge price tag were straight sticks with grapevine balls. The big ones went for $400.00 each. Heres how I made mine. Use a bucket or pot in the diameter of the ball you want and form 4 thin wreaths out of grapevine. Wild vine works better it is more flexable. Wire these togeather to make a sphere,don't forget a band where the equator would be. Then keep weaving in different directions to strengthen the balls,

I switched to weeping willow here because it worked so easy. y;ou can use what ever works even fine wire. I cut a nice straight sapling as the trunk and used nails and wire to poodle them into place. I Set the trunk into a smaller pot and filled with concrete proping into place. Next I covered them with silk ivy using hot glue and strung them with white fairy lights. Put them into a larget fancy pot and hide with spagham moss.

They went on either side of the front door over christmas under cover, then I brought them in and put them on either side of the patio doors in the dining room. They make a nice glow, very pretty. I don't know if they would hold up with live plants or outside. But they bring some of the garden feel in at a time of year we all need it.

Sponsored