Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samsthumb

Rustic Tuteur

samsthumb
20 years ago

Does anyone have plans or a resource I can go to that shows how to make those rustic tuteurs I have seen in gardens (magazine gardens)? They look homemade of flexible branches like birch or grapevine. They look like they used twine to tie them together. Most are pyramidal shaped some have rounded tops.

Comments (3)

• kathicville
    20 years ago

Hi....Go to www.taunton.com, plug the word "tuteur" into the search engine and a how-to article in Fine Gardening Magazine will pop up. It will give you the basics. You can adapt it to whatever size you want.

• ianna
    20 years ago

Simply take twigs of the same length. Organize them in a pyramid form by sticking them in the ground. Use a cap to hold the branches together. Get some flexible twigs like weeping willow, or green grape vines and start weaving these through the branches. Let that dry out a bit and there you have it a rustic tuteur. PS some artisans have come out with very interesting terracotta caps for such tuteurs.

• graficdziner
    14 years ago

I Googled tuteurs and the Fine Gardening article came up titled Build a Rustic Tuteur complete with video and directions you can print.

I am looking for plans for a more formal one though with a finial. And soruces for finials that will withstand the elements once painted.

Sponsored