Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first try

Posted by lindaNC 7A (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 03 at 8:35

Hi all, my name is Lin and I live in the middle of NC where at the moment our winter is very cold but sunny and our summers are humid and hot. I have a book of shapes to try, some copper wire donated by my husband and a pretty pot to use for my first topiary. Does anyone have any advice/experience to share with me about their first try? What shape did you try , which herbf ? Best soil mix? How often did you clip? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Lin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first try

Lin,
I learned how to make frames from the book, "The Complete Book of Topiary" by Barbara Gallop & Deborah Reich.
The directions are easy to follow.

o
RE: My first try

hi,
i'm trying topiary for the first time as well - since your posting is almost a year old i'd love to know what u tried and how its turning out
i got a 20cm buxus for my first try...i guess i'll start by staking it and trimming off the stems on the bottom. i'm trying for the triple ball/pompom shape!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here