Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Care of Wire and Moss Rabbit Planted w/ Ivy

Posted by miller2440 z7AL (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 08 at 16:33

We have received a beautiful large rabbit topiary as a gift. It is not in a pot but is the hollow wire type stuffed with moss, and it is planted with ivy. It has to be totally soaked for watering and does not seem to lend itself to an indoor setting but looks great on my front porch. I'm in zone 7b, and the porch is dark tile, faces south, and gets full sun. The topiary is not under the overhang now so that it can get the rain. Will conditions be too harsh in summer? On my front door right beside the topiary hangs a basket planted with ivy and dianthus, and it has survived for a year, even living through last summer when temps. were over 100* for weeks on end, so can the bunny live there also? Thank you for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Care of Wire and Moss Rabbit Planted w/ Ivy

I don't know what kind of ivy you have but I'd be careful to watch for burns. Another think this is a container and so keep it well watered. Containered plants dry out quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here