Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Umbrella Topiary

Posted by subnormal (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 07 at 15:55

How do i get my schefflera Umbrella Plant to have twisted trunks. Do they have to be young to be trained like this or is there a way i can do it at its current mature state? Any sort of advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Finn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Umbrella Topiary

These do not naturally grow twisted. To get a twisted you can manipulate soft branches around say bamboo sticks and secure them with rafia, Since even green branches of this plant will easily break with extreme twisting, my assumption is that the green branches are slowly twisted as they grow out.

Ianna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here