Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huge juniper(?) bush/tree/topiary trim

Posted by household61974 VA (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 8:43

We moved into a rental home in November. Because this bush was encroaching upon the sidewalk to our front door, I took a chance at pruning it back with a set of hedge trimmers. After one short "pass", what resulted was the brown ugliness you see in the picture. We obviously didnt want to look at a brown ugly bush everty day (neither would our neighbors). So I figured it would grow back in spring and that would be the appropriate time to trim it back.

Obviously, the cut area hasn't grown back, although there is new growth on the remainder of the bush.

Here's my dilemma - I would rather not cut down the bush. It's a nice element of the landscaping. However, I also don't want to have to duck or get swatted by a prickly bush every time we go outside. Are there any options?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huge juniper(?) bush/tree/topiary trim

Pic 2 of 3

o

Pic 3 of 3

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 0:37

Talk to the landlord. That plant has outlived it's usefulness. It should never have been planted there in the first place.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here