Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slinkygirl78

huge hedge in a totally inappropriate place

slinkygirl78
18 years ago

hi everyone,

i moved into a house in december with a pool. the pool is sort of kidney shaped, ha ha. anyway on one side, the patio/concrete around the pool is only 2 feet wide, so pretty narrow if you're walking around that way... and on that same side of the pool, right up against the concrete are two giant hedges. i am not sure what type they are, but they are about 8' tall each, and the trunks (they both have multiple trunks) are about 3" wide. They shade the pool, they make the area look confined and claustrophobic and I would love to remove them to make the area look more open. I know if i cut them down to about 4', they will look bad, but they would improve next year.

I am not sure if I should even attempt moving them, or if I do not want them in that location, I should just cut them down. I do have another location in the yard that would be better if I wanted to save them, and my thing is, I really hate to waste a perfectly good plant. I mean, it didn't do anything wrong... i doubt it asked to be planted there.

I've taken some cuttings from it to try to start some new ones, so maybe if the best way out is to just cut it down and get rid of it, I won't feel AS bad...

Anyway, would moving this beast even be reasonable, would I need to hire 10 body building dudes and/or heavy machinery? :( or should I just kill it and start over in the area.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville