Return to the Topiary Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Inspiration

Posted by
Vincent Portland OR - 8: sunset 6
(vincent@gardener.com) on
Tue, May 9, 00 at 17:58

I'm looking around the internet for interesting and unusual topiary, haven't had a lot of luck with the search engines yet- Anybody have links to websites or -pages that might be fun?
I've written the owner about posting photos here but haven't heard back yet- maybe it's a memory concern with the computers.
Promise I won't be stealing pics, just want to see more!
:o)
Vincent

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Inspiration

Here's my little page on the Praying manthis I grew this winter as part of green thumb program sponsored by our Flower Show. I won a blue ribbon! I still need to post the pictures from the show.

Here is a link that might be useful: praying manthis

o

Carolyn I love it!
Talk about the 'Good Bugs'!
-V

o

• Posted by
    Janeen Rodgers - TX8
    (awsum2@msn.com) on
    Tue, May 16, 00 at 6:11

WOW - Carolyn I love your bug. It would be great if I could grow something like that in my Kindergarten class room. Where did they get the frame?
Keep up the good work!
Janeen

o

I made this square-shaped, succulent topiary. The only hard part, for me, was working with the wire, I guess that takes practice. I am going to try and make a ball and maybe a triangle, then hopefully graduate to making an animal one day.

Here is a link that might be useful: succulenttopiary

o

beautiful succulent topiary floraba!

o

I went to Longwood Gardens in Del. and took pictures of their topiary bushes. When I got home I cut one of our front bushes into a big chicken just using the picture. It worked. Now I am also trying to come up with more shapes. Our neighbor cut part of their hedge coming up from the beach into a chair. And another part into braided rope.

o

There is a great book out called the New Topiary- Can't think of the author right now. It is loaded with ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Topiary Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here